An STP, which stands for “Stand To Pee” device, is a prosthetic or tool used by transgender men, non-binary, and other gender-diverse individuals who might have the anatomical structure of a vulva but wish to urinate while standing up. STPs can be particularly useful in public restrooms, during outdoor activities, or in other situations where standing to pee is preferred or necessary.
Here are some aspects to consider about STPs:
- Functionality: The primary function of an STP is to allow the user to urinate standing up. It typically consists of a funnel-like structure that directs urine from the body to a point where it can be released, mimicking the function of a penis.
- Material: STPs can be made from a variety of materials, including silicone, plastic, or latex.
- Variety: There are various designs available, from simple, foldable funnels to more realistic prosthetics that also serve as packers (devices worn in underwear to give the appearance of a bulge).
- Use: Using an STP can require some practice. It’s often recommended to practice in the shower or over a toilet until one becomes comfortable to avoid spills or leaks.
- Cleaning: It’s essential to keep the STP clean to avoid infections or other health issues. Depending on the material, different cleaning methods may be recommended by the manufacturer.
- Cost: Prices can vary widely based on the material, design, and brand. Simple devices can be relatively inexpensive, while high-quality, realistic prosthetics can be more costly.
- Pack and Play: Some STPs are also designed to be used for sexual activities and can be termed “pack and play” prosthetics.
- Customization: Some prosthetics allow for customization in terms of color, size, or other features to match the user’s body and preferences more closely.
- Accessories: Some users might also purchase harnesses or special underwear designed to hold the STP in place.
- Sourcing: STPs can be purchased from various specialized online stores, gender clinics, or shops catering to the LGBTQ+ community.
For those interested in using an STP, it’s a good idea to research different products, read reviews, and consider personal comfort and needs. As with any product, what works best for one person might not be suitable for another, so individual preferences play a significant role in selecting the right STP.