Bangalore, also known as Bengaluru, is a major city in India and has several NGOs and organizations working to support the transgender community. These organizations often provide a range of services including advocacy, healthcare, education, and employment support for transgender individuals.
Some of the notable NGOs and organizations for transgender support in Bangalore are:
- Sangama: A significant NGO that works with individuals from marginalized communities, including transgender people, to address issues of human rights and social inclusion.
- Payana: Another organization that focuses on the rights and welfare of transgender individuals.
- Samara: An NGO dedicated to the transgender community, providing them with support, counseling, and assistance in various aspects of life.
- Radio Active: While not exclusively focused on transgender issues, this community radio station has programs that highlight LGBTQ+ rights and give a platform to voices from the transgender community.
- Karnataka Sexual Minorities Forum: An umbrella organization that works for the rights of the LGBTQ+ community in the state of Karnataka, of which Bangalore is the capital.
- Swabhava: An organization that offers support services to LGBTQ+ individuals, including counseling.
- Ondede: An organization that combines advocacy for women’s rights, children’s rights, and the rights of sexual minorities, including transgender individuals.
If you or someone you know is seeking support, it’s a good idea to reach out to these organizations directly. They can provide current information on available resources, services, and events. Also, consider that local LGBTQ+ community centers, universities, or social service organizations in Bangalore might have additional resources or be able to direct you to more specific support services for transgender individuals.