Hip widening surgery, also known as hip augmentation, is a surgical procedure that can be performed to increase the width of the hips. This procedure is most commonly performed on transgender women who are seeking to achieve a more feminine body shape.
There are two main types of hip augmentation surgery:
- Implant surgery: This involves inserting silicone implants into the hips. The implants can be placed in front of or behind the hip bones.
- Fat grafting: This involves transferring fat from another part of the body, such as the abdomen or thighs, to the hips.
The risks of hip augmentation surgery include infection, bleeding, and complications related to anesthesia. The recovery time for hip augmentation surgery is typically about two weeks.
The cost of hip augmentation surgery varies depending on the surgeon, the type of procedure, and the location of the surgery. In India, the cost of hip augmentation surgery typically ranges from INR 300,000 to INR 500,000.
If you are considering hip augmentation surgery, it is important to do your research and talk to a qualified surgeon to discuss your options and the risks and benefits of the procedure.
Here are some of the factors to consider when deciding whether or not to undergo hip augmentation surgery:
- Your personal goals and desired outcome
- Your overall health and medical history
- The risks and potential complications of the procedure
- The cost of the procedure
- The availability of qualified surgeons in your area
It is also important to remember that hip augmentation surgery is not a magic bullet. It will not completely change your body shape or make you look like a different person. However, it can help you achieve a more feminine body shape and feel more confident in your appearance.
Hip widening surgery, also known as hip augmentation or hip implants, is a surgical procedure that aims to enhance the size and shape of the hips for male-to-female (MTF) transgender individuals or cisgender women seeking to achieve a more feminine silhouette.
The specific techniques and procedures used for hip widening can vary depending on individual needs and desired outcomes. Here are a few common methods:
- Fat Transfer (Brazilian Butt Lift): In this procedure, fat is harvested from other areas of the body, such as the abdomen or thighs, through liposuction. The harvested fat is then injected into the hips to enhance their size and shape.
- Hip Implants: This procedure involves the surgical placement of silicone implants in the hips to augment their size. The implants come in various shapes and sizes to achieve the desired hip width.
- Hip Liposculpture: Liposculpture involves selectively removing fat deposits from areas around the hips and thighs to create a more contoured and hourglass-shaped figure.
It’s important to consult with a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures, including hip widening. They will assess your specific needs, discuss the available options, and recommend the most suitable approach for you.
It’s essential to understand that like any surgery, hip widening procedures carry certain risks and potential complications. These may include infection, bleeding, scarring, implant-related issues, and unsatisfactory results. It’s crucial to have a thorough consultation with your surgeon, discuss your expectations and concerns, and fully understand the risks and benefits before proceeding with the surgery.
Additionally, it’s worth noting that hip widening surgery is just one aspect of feminization for MTF transgender individuals. Hormone therapy, voice training, and other gender-affirming procedures may also be part of the overall transition process. It’s important to work closely with a healthcare team experienced in transgender healthcare to ensure comprehensive and personalized care.