The length of a typical FFS procedure depends on the specific procedures being performed. However, in general, a comprehensive FFS procedure can take anywhere from 6 to 9 hours. Some surgeons may recommend splitting the procedures into two surgeries, separated by 7 to 10 days or longer. This can give your face more time to heal between surgeries and allow more flexibility for patients.
Here is a breakdown of the approximate time each procedure takes:
- Hairline lowering: 1 to 2 hours
- Forehead contouring: 2 to 3 hours
- Rhinoplasty: 2 to 3 hours
- Cheek augmentation: 1 to 2 hours
- Jaw contouring: 2 to 3 hours
- Tracheal shave: 1 to 2 hours
It is important to note that these are just estimates, and the actual time of your surgery may vary depending on your individual needs. You should talk to your surgeon about the specific procedures that you are interested in and how long they typically take.
Here are some additional factors that can affect the length of your FFS procedure:
- Your overall health: If you have any health conditions, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, your surgery may take longer.
- The complexity of the procedures: If you are having multiple procedures, your surgery will likely take longer.
- Your surgeon’s experience: A more experienced surgeon may be able to complete your surgery more quickly.
The duration of a typical Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) procedure can vary significantly based on the specific combination of surgical procedures being performed, the surgeon’s experience, and the individual’s unique facial anatomy. FFS is a highly personalized surgery, and the time it takes can depend on the complexity of the case and the number of procedures being done.
In general, a comprehensive FFS that includes multiple procedures may take anywhere from 6 to 10 hours or even longer. It is not uncommon for FFS to be performed in stages, with certain procedures done in one session and others in subsequent sessions, to ensure patient safety and optimal outcomes.
The specific procedures involved in FFS and their estimated timeframes are as follows:
- Forehead Contouring: 2-4 hours
- Rhinoplasty: 1-2 hours
- Cheek Augmentation: 1-2 hours
- Jaw Contouring: 2-4 hours
- Chin Contouring: 1-2 hours
- Tracheal Shave: 1-2 hours
- Lip Lift or Lip Augmentation: 1-2 hours
- Brow Lift: 1-2 hours
- Hairline Advancement: 2-4 hours
It’s essential to remember that these are rough estimates, and the actual duration can vary based on various factors. Additionally, the time required may be influenced by the surgeon’s techniques, the need for bone reduction or grafting, the patient’s medical history, and the complexity of the desired changes.
During the consultation process, your surgeon will thoroughly evaluate your facial anatomy, discuss your aesthetic goals, and provide you with a more accurate estimate of the time required for your specific FFS procedure. They will also discuss the surgical plan, the recovery process, and any potential risks associated with the surgeries involved.