Feminine facial surgery, also known as facial feminization surgery (FFS), is a set of surgical procedures aimed at feminizing the facial features of transgender women or individuals seeking a more feminine appearance. FFS can help align facial characteristics with an individual’s gender identity and improve overall facial harmony.
The specific procedures included in facial feminization surgery can vary based on individual needs and goals, and the recommendations of a qualified plastic surgeon or craniofacial surgeon specializing in FFS. Some common procedures that may be involved in feminine facial surgery include:
- Forehead Contouring: This procedure involves reshaping the forehead and reducing the prominence of masculine features, such as brow bossing or a prominent brow ridge. Techniques like brow bone reduction or forehead recontouring may be used.
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty, or nose reshaping surgery, can help feminize the appearance of the nose by refining its shape and size to create a more delicate and feminine aesthetic.
- Cheek Augmentation: Cheek augmentation involves the placement of implants or fat transfer to enhance the fullness and projection of the cheeks, creating a more feminine facial contour.
- Lip Augmentation: Lip augmentation procedures, such as lip lifts or lip implants, can enhance the size, shape, and definition of the lips to achieve a more feminine appearance.
- Chin and Jaw Contouring: Chin and jaw contouring procedures may involve reshaping or reducing the size of the chin and jaw to create a softer and more feminine facial profile. Techniques like genioplasty or mandibular angle reduction may be used.
- Adam’s Apple Reduction (Tracheal Shave): This procedure involves reducing the prominence of the Adam’s apple (thyroid cartilage) to create a smoother and more feminine neck contour.
- Hairline Advancement: Hairline advancement, or hairline lowering surgery, can help feminize the appearance of the hairline by bringing it forward and reducing the height of the forehead.
It’s important to consult with a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon or craniofacial surgeon specializing in FFS to discuss your specific goals, evaluate your facial features, and determine the most appropriate procedures for achieving your desired results. They can provide personalized recommendations and discuss the potential risks, benefits, and recovery process associated with feminine facial surgery.