Female feminization surgery, also known as facial feminization surgery (FFS), is a set of surgical procedures designed to feminize the facial features of individuals assigned male at birth or those who desire a more feminine appearance.
The specific procedures performed during FFS can vary based on an individual’s needs and desired outcomes, but commonly include:
- Brow Lift: This procedure helps reduce the appearance of a prominent brow ridge by repositioning or reshaping the brow bones.
- Hairline Advancement: It involves moving the hairline forward to create a more feminine hairline.
- Rhinoplasty: This procedure reshapes the nose to achieve a more feminine contour.
- Lip Lift: It lifts and reshapes the upper lip to create a more feminine appearance.
- Cheek Augmentation: It involves adding volume to the cheeks to achieve a softer, more feminine contour.
- Jaw Contouring: This procedure can involve reducing the size or reshaping the jaw to create a more feminine jawline.
- Chin Reduction: It helps reduce the size of the chin to achieve a more feminine profile.
- Tracheal Shave: It involves reducing the prominence of the Adam’s apple to create a smoother, more feminine neck.
It’s important to consult with a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon who specializes in facial feminization surgery. They will assess your specific needs, discuss the available procedures, and create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your goals.
Keep in mind that facial feminization surgery is a complex and individualized process, and results can vary. Recovery time and outcomes will depend on the procedures performed, your overall health, and the body’s healing process. It’s essential to have a thorough consultation with your surgeon, discuss potential risks and complications, and set realistic expectations for the outcomes of the surgery.