Yes, breast fat transfer can be combined with other breast procedures to achieve more comprehensive and customized results. The combination of breast fat transfer with other breast procedures is known as composite breast augmentation. This approach allows the surgeon to address multiple aspects of breast enhancement in a single surgery.
Some common breast procedures that can be combined with breast fat transfer include:
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy): A breast lift is performed to lift and reshape sagging breasts. By combining breast fat transfer with a breast lift, the surgeon can add volume to the breasts while also improving their position and shape.
- Breast Augmentation with Implants: Breast fat transfer can be used in conjunction with breast implants to enhance the size and shape of the breasts. This combination may be suitable for patients who desire a more significant increase in breast size than fat transfer alone can provide.
- Revision Breast Surgery: Breast fat transfer can be used in revision breast surgery to correct issues such as implant malposition, rippling, or asymmetry.
- Breast Reduction: In some cases, breast fat transfer can be used during breast reduction surgery to reshape and add volume to the breasts after excess tissue has been removed.
- Tubular Breast Correction: Breast fat transfer can be used to augment and reshape tubular or constricted breasts.
The decision to combine breast fat transfer with other procedures will depend on your individual goals, breast anatomy, and the recommendations of your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon will conduct a thorough evaluation during the consultation to determine the most appropriate approach to achieve your desired results.
It’s important to choose a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon who is familiar with a variety of breast procedures, including breast fat transfer, to ensure safe and successful outcomes. The surgeon will guide you through the decision-making process and help you understand the potential benefits and considerations of combining procedures for your specific case.