There are many excellent gender reassignment surgeons around the world. Some of the most well-respected surgeons include:
- Marci Bowersin San Francisco, California. Bowers is a pioneer in the field of transgender surgery and has performed thousands of gender reassignment surgeries. She is known for her expertise in both male-to-female and female-to-male surgery.
Opens in a new window On Wisconsin Magazine – Wisconsin Alumni Association
Dr. Marci Bowers, a gender reassignment surgeon
- Jess Tingin New York City. Ting is a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in transgender surgery. He is known for his innovative techniques and his commitment to patient satisfaction.
Opens in a new window slate.com
Dr. Jess Ting, a gender reassignment surgeon
- Timothy B. Mc Carthyin Chicago, Illinois. McCarthy is a board-certified urologist who specializes in transgender surgery. He is known for his meticulous attention to detail and his commitment to providing the highest quality care.
Opens in a new window Frontiers
Dr. Timothy B. McCarthy, a gender reassignment surgeon
- Rafael E. Villavicencioin Los Angeles, California. Villavicencio is a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in transgender surgery. He is known for his artistic eye and his ability to create natural-looking results.
Opens in a new window Medical School – University of Minnesota
Dr. Rafael E. Villavicencio, a gender reassignment surgeon
- Christopher Salgadoin Miami, Florida. Salgado is a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in transgender surgery. He is known for his extensive experience and his commitment to providing compassionate care.
Opens in a new window The Mirror
Dr. Christopher Salgado, a gender reassignment surgeon
It is important to note that there is no single “best” gender reassignment surgeon. The best surgeon for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. It is important to do your research and interview several surgeons before making a decision.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH): https://www.wpath.org/
- The Trevor Project: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
- Trans Lifeline: https://www.translifeline.org/
- Gender Spectrum: https://www.genderspectrum.org/
- National Center for Transgender Equality: https://transequality.org/
The selection of a gender reassignment surgeon is an important decision that should be based on individual preferences, specific needs, location, and available resources. It’s crucial to consult with qualified healthcare professionals and conduct thorough research to find a surgeon who specializes in gender affirming surgeries and has a proven track record of successful outcomes. Here are a few considerations when searching for a gender reassignment surgeon:
- Experience and Expertise: Look for surgeons who have extensive experience in performing gender affirming surgeries. They should have a solid understanding of the specific procedures involved and be well-versed in the latest surgical techniques and advancements.
- Board Certification and Credentials: Check if the surgeon is board certified and affiliated with reputable medical associations and organizations related to transgender healthcare, such as the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) or regional transgender healthcare organizations.
- Patient Testimonials and Reviews: Seek feedback from other transgender individuals who have undergone surgery with the surgeon you are considering. Online forums, support groups, and transgender healthcare communities can be valuable sources of information and personal experiences.
- Consultations: Schedule consultations with potential surgeons to discuss your goals, expectations, and any concerns you may have. Use this opportunity to ask questions about the surgeon’s approach, surgical techniques, recovery process, and expected outcomes.
- Access to Supportive Care: Consider the availability of comprehensive pre- and post-operative care, including mental health support, counseling, and follow-up care to ensure the best possible surgical experience and outcomes.
- Location and Travel Considerations: Evaluate the location of the surgeon and the potential costs and logistics associated with travel, accommodation, and post-operative care, especially if the surgeon is located in a different city or country.